Read the latest Random Astrology posts at its new location!

Visit the new spots:
Random Astrology (June 2010 - Today)
Random Astro Bits & Pieces (Feb 2010 - Today).

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Question: What sparked your interest in astrology? Formal training?

What sparked your interest in astrology? Have you had formal training or classes in the field?
People would give me gifts here and there - like a keychain or whatever - with a description of my zodiac sign. It seemed to fit me. But I wasn't too sure about it until I began reading different books to help me figure out why a boyfriend and I weren't getting along. The descriptions of Aries + Cancer clashes were so on point. It was like the author knew both of us. A few years later, a friend started showing me more about the rest of my chart. And the nuances of my personality/viewpoints that weren't described by my zodiac sign began to fit into place.

Yes, I have had some formal training. The equivalent of going to Open University v. getting a degree. But mostly, it's been a self-taught study with help from various astrologers that I respect and practical application. With each person that I counsel I learn something new. They all teach me something.
Ask. I might have an answer.

My Turn: What sparked YOUR interest in astrology?

Search Random Astrology